Due to repercussions of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state's budget has been impacted and as a result, the Colorado Water Conservation Board has been directed to restrict expenditures from the Severance Tax Operational Fund until further notice.
The Severance Tax Operational Grant Program exists primarily to provide grants for regional water resource planning studies and associated demonstration projects. The programs supported by the Fund must promote the mission of the Colorado Water Conservation Board.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply for a Grant?
Any private or public entity that can contract with the state and that can establish and document the need for the project.
- How can the money be used?
The grant funds can be used for a study or demonstration project that will benefit a wide range of people and organizations, and/or a large geographic area within Colorado. Approved grants must be able to begin by July 1st of the application year and completed by June 30th of the following year.
- How can I apply for a Grant?
Contact Lauren Miremont, 303-866-3441 x3205, to determine if your project or study qualifies for funding.
Application Deadline: January 31st to receive funds around July 1st
- What is the approval process after I have submitted an application?
What is the approval process after I have submitted an application?
- Proposals are reviewed by the CWCB staff and presented to the CWCB Board at the regularly scheduled meeting in March.
- Approved funding is included in the Long Bill and sent to the Governor for his signature in April or May.
- You will receive informal approval after the March CWCB Board Meeting and formal approval after Governor's signature. Approved funding is available on July 1 and will be disbursed following the execution of a contract.
- Before a contract can be executed, you must provide a scope of work to your assigned project manager whose contact information will be provided in your formal approval.
- Timely invoices must be submitted during project completion and a final project report must be submitted.
Point of Contact
Severance Tax Grant Applications will be due January 31st for funds available July 1st. Funding availability is conditional upon legislative approval.