The Water Supply Reserve Fund (WSRF) Grant Program provides funding to assist Colorado water users in addressing their critical water supply issues and interests. The funds help eligible entities complete water activities, which may include competitive grants for:
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies and environmental compliance
- Studies or analysis of structural, nonstructural, consumptive and nonconsumptive water needs, projects or activities
- Design of structural projects or activities
- Infrastructure replacement or maintenance projects
Requests for funds from the WSRF program must be approved by at least one of Colorado’s nine basin roundtables prior to submitting an application. The request is then forwarded to the CWCB to evaluate and make final funding decisions.
Grants may be coupled with any low-interest loan to make up funding needs.
As of May 2022, for any projects focusing on basin or statewide education and outreach projects, visit the Public Education, Participation and Outreach Grant Program.
Please Note: Basin requests that include a Statewide Account request can be made beginning on December 1, 2022.
All new WSRF grants must be submitted via the CWCB Portal along with the current "Exhibit A (Statement of Work) and Budget & Schedule (Exhibit B)."
- WSRF Grant Guidelines (September 2022)
- CWCB Portal Registration
- WSRF Application (via CWCB Portal)
- Exhibit A & Exhibit B Budget & Schedule (must upload both to the portal in Word & Excel, no exceptions)
- WSRF Portal Application How To Video
- Who can apply?
Eligible entities include:
- Governmental entities – municipalities, special, water and sanitation, conservancy, conservations, irrigation and water activity enterprises, counties and State of Colorado agencies. Federal agencies are encouraged to work with local entities. Covered Entities as defined by Section 37-60-126, C.R.S., are eligible IF the applicant has adopted a CWCB approved Water Efficiency Plan.
- Private entities – mutual ditch companies, non-profit corporations, individuals and partnerships, etc.
- How can the money be used?
Eligible activities include:
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies and environmental compliance.
- Studies or analysis of structural, programmatic, consumptive and non-consumptive water projects or activities.
- Design of structural projects or activities.
- Infrastructure replacement or maintenance projects.
- Note: Funding for education and outreach efforts must go through the PEPO Grant Program.
- How do I apply?
- Review the Water Supply Reserve Fund Grant Program Grant Guidelines (September 2022).
- Set up an account in the CWCB Portal. Please note that confirmation of registration may take 1-2 days and you will receive an email once your registration is approved.
- Submit the grant application via the CWCB Portal and upload the statement of work (Exhibit A), budget and schedule (Exhibit B). Please include maps/photos, designs, report, match commitment letters and other letters of support (PDF preferred).
- Obtain approval from the necessary basin roundtable.
- Work with CWCB staff to address any issues or additional needs prior to CWCB Board review.
Questions? View our Portal application How To Video
- When is the deadline to apply?
Deadlines include October 1, December 1, February 1, April 1, June 1, and August 1 of each year.
Prior to submitting an application to CWCB, the applicant must receive written approval from the necessary basin roundtable. Applications will be reviewed during the Board Meeting three months after the submission deadline.
WSRF Basin Roundtable Criteria and Contact Information
|Roundtable||Grant Contact||Phone|| Roundtable
|North Platte||Ty Wattenburgfirstname.lastname@example.org||970-723-4660||Guidelines|
|Rio Grande||Nathan Coombsemail@example.com||719-588-3090||Guidelines|
|South Platte||Garrett Varrafirstname.lastname@example.org||720-272-2857||Guidelines|