The Colorado Water Conservation Board (CWCB) staff has drafted proposed revisions to the Rules Concerning Colorado's Instream Flow and Natural Lake Level Program (ISF Rules). The revisions to the ISF Rules will: (1) address the rulemaking requirements of HB20-1157; (2) update a reference to the CWCB's website; and (3) update references to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.
Staff held two informal stakeholder meetings on August 3 and August 18, 2020 to discuss the draft ISF Rules revisions.
On September 16, the CWCB authorized staff to initiate the formal rulemaking process. On October 25, the CWCB's Notice of Public Rulemaking Hearing and proposed revisions to the ISF Rules were published in the Colorado Register. The rulemaking hearing will be held on January 26, 2021, at which the CWCB staff will ask the Board to adopt the revised ISF Rules and the Statement of Basis and Purpose for the Rules.
Documents related to this rulemaking process can be found at the links below. For more information, contact Linda Bassi at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 866-3441, ext. 3204.
- Order Re: Applications for Party Status
- Order Re: Procedures and Deadlines for Prehearing Submissions
- Amended Order Re: Prehearing Statements, Mesa County's Party Status, and Filing Requirements
- Order Re: Aurora Withdrawal, Desired Testimony Time, and Demonstrative Exhibits
- Order Re: Hearing Procedures, Testimony, and Time Allocations
- Administrative Record and Index as of January 15, 2021 (download the pdf for full functionality)
- 3c. Recording of August 3, 2020 stakeholder meeting (442 MB)
- 4c. Recording of August 18, 2020 stakeholder meeting (150 MB)