NOTICE: The next application deadline will be determined at the July 15, 2020 Board Meeting and announced at that time.
The purpose of the Water Plan Grant funding is to make progress on the critical actions identified in the Colorado’s Water Plan (CWP) and its Measurable Objectives. All applications will be assessed based on funds available for a particular CWP Measurable Objective category.
Water Plan Grant program funding categories include:
- Development of additional storage, artificial recharge into aquifers, and dredging existing reservoirs to restore the reservoirs’ full decreed storage capacity for multi-beneficial projects and those projects identified in basin implementation plans to address the water supply and demand gap.
- Technical assistance, project, or program funding for agricultural projects.
- Long-term strategies for conservation, land use, and drought planning.
- Water education, outreach, and innovation efforts.
- Environmental and recreational projects.
Please see CWP Grant Guidelines for more information about qualifying projects.
|Application Deadline||Submitted Applications
Posted on CWCB Website
|Final Board Approval|
|TO BE DETERMINED||N/A||N/A|
|TO BE DETERMINED||N/A||N/A|
Water Storage & Supply Projects: Matt Stearns
Conservation, Land Use Planning: Kevin Reidy
Engagement & Innovation Activities: Ben Wade
Agricultural Projects: Alexander Funk
Environmental & Recreation Projects: Chris Sturm
*If your grant crosses multiple topic areas, please copy all applicable program managers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can apply?
- Governmental entities – municipalities, districts, enterprises, counties, and State of Colorado agencies. Federal agencies are encouraged to work with local entities.
- Covered Entities as defined in Section 37-60-126, C.R.S., are eligible if the applicant has adopted an approved water conservation plan.
- Private entities - mutual ditch companies, non-profit corporations, and partnerships.
- How can the money be used?
Examples of eligible projects and activities:
- Technical assistance regarding permitting, feasibility studies, and environmental compliance.
- Studies or analysis of structural, programmatic, consumptive, and non-consumptive water projects or activities.
- Design of structural projects or activities.
- Activities that promote education, outreach, and innovation consistent with the mission and goals of the CWP.
- How can I apply?
Submit all application materials in one email to: email@example.com in the original file formats (word or excel). Please do not combine documents. In the subject line, please include the funding category and name of the project.
Examples of approved projects:
- Conservation & Land Use
Dominion Water & Sanitation District – Regional Factors for Precipitation Harvesting
Babbitt Center for Land & Water Policy – Guidance to Covered Entities for Land Use Planning Components of Water Efficiency Plans
- Engagement & Innovation
- Environment & Recreation
- Water Storage & Supply