The Yampa-White-Green Basin covers roughly 10,500 square miles in northwest Colorado and south-central Wyoming. The largest cities or towns in the basin are Steamboat Springs (pop. 10,402) and Craig (pop. 9,185).
This basin is projected to increase in municipal and industrial (M&I) water demand between 23,000 acre feet (AF) and 39,000 AF by 2050 with passive conservation included.
- Address potential energy development needs
- Ensure endangered species’ needs do not negatively impact future in-basin uses
- Address compact delivery impacts to existing and future in-basin water rights
- Address potential agricultural firming needs
- Ensure adequate water for future needs